Thursday, 16 May 2013

REAL PEOPLE _AoneTheFashionPOET

HI SMEARS!!!

I'VE been having such a hectic time this week (doing those top secret things for my future) that when i get to blogging at the end of the day i work like mad to get it done on time. today is TRIPLE the pressure because not only am i tired from walking around all day, I'm fighting against time because of these damn power cuts AND I'm also feeling woozy. i donated 550ml of blood today..(just doing my part). it was my first time so obviously i found the whole experience wildly exciting. more on that in a bit.

WE in SMEAR LAND are still celebrating real people week and I'm uber excited for today. she is an aspiring model, a poet, a fellow blogger and last but certainly not least she knows how to look good which is why today we talking to AONE!

the statement necklace is to die for




YONIE  prides herself in staying true to her roots. she totally rocks braids (like for real, there's never a dull moment with her hair) she has that African vibe on lock. she isn't afraid of colour, her immaculate jewellery collection is "to-do" and her style is effortlessly graceful. i couldn't wait to interview her.. here's how it went.

 

AONE IN 5 WORDS 

 "AoneTheFashionPoet" (that's four words though) "*laughs,* lets pretend you said four" (okay, it does kind of sum you up)

I'M A SUCKER FOR RIPPED JEANS!

EVERY GIRL MUST HAVE ___________

"basic blue jeans! simple!"

WHO OR WHAT INSPIRES YOUR STYLE?

"divas" *wide eyed* "women who know their self worth, allow it to reflect in their ensembles and take pride in their appearance" (phew) "i adore Bonang Matheba for understanding her body and enjoy how fashion forward she is, Kim Kardashian for her simple elegance, Rihanna for her edgy and risky look, Solange Knowles for her ability to rock tribal and African inspired everything, which is what I'm all about. I'm also strangely enough inspired by poetry." (I'm guessing your fellow poets can relate).

YOU WOULDN'T BE CAUGHT DEAD ________

multiple textures
"BALD!!" (me neither) "we ought to know ourselves and what suits us better than anyone else. I'd never shave all of my hair off"


STRANDED ON AN ISLAND AND YOU HAD ONLY ONE THING TO YOUR NAME WHAT WOULD IT BE?

"a piece of jewellery, its my obsession" (I'm not surprised, you have quite the collection)

 TIPS?

"authenticity is key. its better to fail at originality than to succeed imitation. be inspired, yes, but remember to always do you" (spoken like a true original)

bright and bold even in her clothes

yellow hues are definitely your colour
IF YOU WERE A BISCUIT?

"Romany Creams j'adore chocolate" (mmmmm nice choice! why though?) "metaphorically i guess its because i embrace my dark skin and i retain my African values within me" (makes sense)


check her out on facebook or follow her on twitter @yonie_dee or do both.but one thing you definitely have to do is visit her blog AoneTheFashionPoet and subscribe. its really that good.. her poems need to internationally recognised..

that hair. those studded heels the jacket with the overlapping front . *drooling*

i was going to share my blood donation pics but i didn't think the young lady would appreciate her picture being put up next to a picture of my blood (i know i wouldn't) anyhow guess it will be a story for another day.. Ive been getting a lot of love lately, and trust me it doesn't go unnoticed. to all the new recruits SUBSCRIBE! that's how i come to a close today lovelies.

BYE SMEARS!!!

***celebrating real people***