Tuesday, 14 May 2013

REAL PEOPLE

HI SMEARS!!!

OKAY i know Ive been gone for over two weeks now, but the mix of laziness and writers block is entirely to blame. also blame some of my favourite bloggers for going HAM with pictures that i couldn't help but drool over 24/7.

BUT maybe it's a good thing that Ive had the chance to relax my fingers because I'm buzzing with ideas now...at least enough to see me through the end of the week :)

TODAY I'm talking about normal people and their stylin' ways. as much as we all like getting celebrity tips and wardrobe secrets, wouldn't we all much rather look at ordinary people who actually make the effort of hunting down the perfect pair of pants and then fighting to bargain for the perfect top to go with them? its way more refreshing.. STARTING with my friend Tumie!
Black and white body suit paired with a black baby doll ruffled skirt and chandelier black earrings
HER laid back glamour really works for her, always with a fresh face and almost always with her hair up, she could wear a sack and still give everyone a run for their money. her love for fashion is clear in everything she does.. if you reading this girl, you deserve your own blog *hint hint* subscribe on facebook for more salivating looks.

loving the choice of bag!
I INTERVIEWED her today via Whatsapp. (the beauty of technology) and these are the fruits of my labour.


DESCRIBE YOURSELF IN ONE SENTENCE

"I'm a fashion lover! simple as that!"

YOUR TASTES? 

"lover of all things fab both expensive and cheap. i shop everywhere from your Aldos to Mr Price." (very refined, nice)
working those printed retro wide leg pants!

WHO INSPIRES YOUR STYLE?

"I'm inspired by the three Kardashian sisters but Kourtney is my number 1. also by Bonang Matheba" (she scored some major brownie points with that one).


LETS TALK ABOUT YOUR HOBBIES

"I'm into novels, TV, fashion sites/blogs esp the K sisters,i live off those, and magazines!"




YOU WOULD DIE WITHOUT...

"My girls, 'my bubu', my blackberry, my handbags, shades and rings. Oh and my 'Berry BonBon' Woolies lip gloss and orange statement lipstick." (guess it would be so easy to kill you then) "my Bible too. even fashion lovers always have time for wisdom from the book of proverbs.."
(more brownie points. she also made it that much harder to kill her)


don't you know? orange is the new black SMEARS!

 TIPS?

"first of all don't be quick to follow trends. for example, everyone seems to be on that denim shirt tip, i have my denim jacket, but ill only wear it in two months when the hype has died. 
secondly take risks. with my pair of leopard print pants, i was sceptical! people will stare and judge but pretty soon they will follow suit and wear what you wear. its almost always best to be first."

WOULD YOU RATHER MAKE A FRIEND ON FACEBOOK OR ON TWITTER?

a moment of silence for those shoes! *sigh*
 
"i prefer twitter these days" (her most straight forward answer since the beginning of the interview)

such elegance. such grace.

so follow her on twitter and pretty soon she will be giving you tips personally. I'd like to think she follows back. try her @TumieIsMyName 
Thats it till tomorrow then.. much love and much appreciation ..
  ***celebrating real people***

BYE SMEARS!!