Saturday, 7 December 2013

2FAB HIGH TEA

HI SMEARS!!!


First off. I have two things to say.
  1.  I would like to send my sincerest condolences to the the Madiba clan. you are in our thoughts and prayers. He will be missed. someone said in '95 he touched a nation and at 95 he touched the world. I couldn't have said it better myself. lala ka kgotso tata.
  2.  I would like to give a shout out to whoever tempered with my goody bag last night. it strikes me as amazing you would feel that you deserved more than I even though we paid exactly the same amount for what would have been an amazing night had you not existed.

ANYWAY in happier news! last night Material Girls and Chique Beauty collaborated to bring us the fabulousness that was 2fab high tea. for weeks I have been pining away waiting on the edge of my seat for the 6th of December to come, wondering if it would be wise to spend such an amount on one night. let me tell you something SMEARS. its true that instinct is our guide in life because tjo! my instinct led me to a night worth every penny. good fashion, good company, good food and great entertainment from our MC Takkies  (FlychicksSA). this girl had us dancing in our less than comfortable (made for sitting) heels. I learned a few things. from dancing in the club to dirty dancing for my man..ooh future husband best believe it. it's on!

ALL the ladies were dressed to the nines. I  really love it when people understand that nights like this call for people to pull out all the stops. anyhow I think I write too much, wordy blog or not, I need to create some imagery here. brace yourself :)

AS usual me and Terry arrived like ridiculously earlier than everyone else. You already know the drill. LOL!

I FINALLY got to wear my ANNIE KLEIN II blazer and strap heels. the funny part about the jacket was that the zip got stuck half way, but people actually thought that was the design. you gotta love happy accidents!


 AND while we waited for the ball to get rolling, we met some interesting people.

FELLOW BLOGGER, Thato FROM SHOELOVER





THIS IS JUST..wow! I PRESENT TO YOU KAGISO DE-KLERK!

THEN the show started! oh man! there were just so many things I fell in love with. here are a few. to shop some of their looks got to their website over here.

THAT JUMPSUIT IS EVERYTHING!

ALL I WANT FOR MY BIRTHDAY

THE ladies of the moment! Charity, owner of Material Girls and celebrity makeup artist, Masego, who is also the owner of Chique Beauty.

MISS TAKKIES DOING HER THING!



GORGEOUS

 Masego giving the ladies some make up tips.

MONOCHROME SWEETNESS
  
JUST friends with some of the ladies of the moment.

BONOLO AND HER COUSIN THEETSO (THOSE SHORTS THOUGH)

BOITUMELO and TUMIE with TAKKIES




RATI
LENTLE
GOODY BAG MADNESS :) / >:"(
ME WITH ONE OF THE MODELS

AND THEN some after event randomness with Lentle and Tumie.


BTW in case you haven't heard Tumelo has a blog now (finally)! its called the Candid Fashion Lover. its stunning. so far so good. she did a young surprise feature on me so check that out here <3. she done got her sassy on with ripped boyfriend jeans and epic white everything else. so follow her blog while you are over there to see what she caught on camera.

FOR more pics (incase you actually did enjoy the imagery) go to the Materialgirlz Facebook page. I'm not sure if they are up yet, but if they are like, share and tag me if you catch me on there somewhere. If not, I will share them on my Facebook page. like it so you can always be in the know.  I will be back soon loves. I promise.

BYE SMEARS!!!