Monday, 27 January 2014

I DON'T THINK YOU READY FOR THIS JELLY!!


HI SMEARS!!!


I'VE DEVELOPED quite the flower child personality over the years. I was born happy-go-lucky. no really I was. unfortunately I was born into a generation that really doesn't care about universal belonging and all that merry go jazz. even though I'm not at all what you would consider an eccentric hippie type of girl I do believe that I died during the Summer of Love in my past life. I was cremated and my ashes were spread all around the world so I could continue to love be happy and experience new cultures, styles and tastes. that is the only logical explanation as to why in my new life, I'm drawn to things that do not quite fit the norm. I love finding diamonds in the rough and feeling like I'm part of an artistic movement, even if it is in something as small as my latest obsession...JELLY SANDALS!

SERIOUSLY it's an obsession. a worrying one at that. I went hunting for a pair the other day. I had literally just given up hope, till I stumbled upon some really cute ones that were in the wrong colour and wrong size. yes. this is my life. since they were only a size smaller I suppose I could have squeezed, but that would have defeated the point of buying really comfy shoes. needless to say I didn't buy them.

WHERE I live the thought of wearing these shoes out in public is very daunting. people are still learning to break out of their shells so styles are very conservative and can be slotted into two categories. classy or casual. I'm pretty sure a lot of people would consider them trashy, but I love them and part of my resolution to love myself was to ignore negativity and narrow mindedness and just do me. besides, who doesnt like the idea of peek-a-boo socks? best believe they will be bought! I've been stalking blogs for a while just for some inspiration on how to style them when I eventually do get them and here are a couple of my fave ways to wear them.

PRETTY PREPPY

THESE shoes go horrendously well with circle skirts, playsuits, loud patterns, flirty dresses and crop tops. It's a match made in heaven, especially for those days when you want to get dressed up, but heels aren't really an option. best believe they are going to be well worn around campus.


PICTURE COURTESY of AMY VALENTINE


PICTURE COURTESY of IEMMA FASHION


PICTURES COURTESY of FASHION HABITUE

PICTURE COURTESY of Diary of : THE RIOTOUS BELLE.


NICOLA ROBERTS PICTURE COURTESY of GLAMOUR FASHION


OVERALL ENTHUSIAM

YES! I just quoted Marvelous Misadventures of Flapjack, shoot me! this look is so playful it's really hard not to. love the addition of the flower crowns. see what i mean, there goes proof of my reincarnation. #FlowerPower

PICTURE COURTESY of MEGAN LOIS


PICTURE COURTESY of  MISS TASMIN


PICTURE COURTESY of ORDINARY PEOPLE



GAY BOYFRIEND

hahaha okhay I dont know why that seems appropriate, but it does. adding Jellies to a somewhat boyish look softens it up a lot. so if you are a tomboy, a plain dresser or you hate colour and still maintain that all this is because you want comfort first, this one is for you.


PICTURE COURTESY of S. Mudge


PICTURE COURTESY of THE ELECTRIC ZOO


PICTURE COURTESY of  PETITE SIDE OF STYLE


PICTURE COURTESY of LONDON'S CLOSET





PICTURE COURTESY of  LONDON'S CLOSET


PICTURE COURTESY of CHELSEA JADE LOVES

NOW you have no excuses! these lil' loves can be worn by everyone and can be worn anywhere with almost everything in any weather. I conclude that every girl needs to own them. If you were part of the "ewww they are so tacky" gang, I hope I've changed you mind. if not well I'm sure there is a lot more we won't agree on, but this doesn't mean I love you any less.  FASHION IS SUBJECTIVE after all.


TILL next time, stay stylish, or tacky! WHATEVER ROCKS YOUR BOAT :)



BYE SMEARS!!!