Thursday, 13 February 2014

FLIRTY FRIDAYS

HI SMEARS!!!

I haven't asked you guys how you've been in a while. this extreme lack of politeness is totally beneath me and the reasons for it equally beyond me. so let me begin by asking HOW HAVE YOU BEEN SMEAR? I'm great, thanks for caring. (I know you probably weren't interested, but I thought I should let you know anyway).

THIS was my OOTD last week Friday. it was raining and the sky had been sad and teary the whole week so I decided to inject some life into my day by wearing a bold colour, weird details, floral and polka dots. let me let you in on a little secret. this was my Valentines day outfit. I hate dressing for it on the actual day as it makes me feel like a window display. so I always try to dress up ahead of time. If you are going out on a date tomorrow however, feel free to be inspired. I would like to give a big shout out to Tumie, Baphuting and Larona for standing with me out in the rain helping me pose for the perfect shots. best photography team ever :)

HERE is the look.


I wore my mommy jeans again. this time I paired them with my DIY lace sweetheart neckline crop top, my polka dot crop blazer and a straw hat. on my feet are my Tommy lace ups (every college student's staple shoe). I also toned down the harshness of my triangular neck piece by bringing out some more fun with an owl necklace.


THE story behind this hat is weird. I bought it strictly to use as a farm hat. I've used it maybe three times for that purpose and its been stashed in my closet ever since, (often getting squashed underneath my pile of other misused items of clothing). it has never been my intention to actually wear it about town, but the previous night I found it and it made me feel so cute. it just made sense to wear it with an outfit like this (getting my farm-girl swag on giirrrl). 


YOU may also notice that the pockets have some detailing on them today. I used the left over material from the dress turned crop top  to create some V-day inspired patchwork on the back pocket. I stapled it down since I couldn't find a needle anywhere. plus it makes it easier to remove if I ever get tired of it. I did the same thing inside the front pocket to add some charm to the jeans.



HONESTLY though how are you? I hope you are doing well and that 2014 is shaping up the way we had hoped it would. for me, so far, it has been chilling. nothing to write home about yet. well maybe except for the fact that for the first time in a long time there is no drama in my life, (AWESOME! I know).


RAIN DANCER



I HOPE you enjoyed reading this as much as I enjoyed creating it. may the stars above continue to shine brightly on each and every one of you..and oh yes, HAPPY VALENTINES DAY TO ALL MY FASHION LOVERS OUT THERE!!


BYE SMEARS!!!