Thursday, 6 February 2014

THE SIGNIFICANCE OF A WELL DRESSED MAN

HI SMEARS!!!

I'LL begin by welcoming you all to the best month in the year. I might be biased since I'm born in this month, but whats not to love. we are approaching the end of summer, so the heat is less intense and temperatures are just so perfect. it's also the month of love! (stop rolling your eyes at me). I'm not a romantic, but its cute how people will readily spend on overpriced gifts and cheap gimmicks for their "beaus".

THE prospect of being single on valentines day neither terrifies nor annoys me. I've never celebrated it and I don't think I ever will, but I've never wallowed in self pity just because no one sent me a bunch of  fake flowers or invited me to a candle lit dinner. in fact I think single people should use the day to celebrate being single! there are way more ups than downs. if you insist in moping at least be productive. think about the qualities you want in your partner and reflect on if you think they are realistic or not. and at the top of the list jot down 'well dressed', 'cuz on the real, who doesn't want someone to fashion it forward with?

ON THAT NOTE, here are a couple of males who even offer me some inspiration. like I always say (not really, but from now on I will), when you lose hope, shop the men's section! if you aren't single, don't be afraid to show your mans the light. if he is already killing it send me some pics and he might be SMEAR LAND'S first hunk of the week.

THE BOLD GENTLEMAN
- this is the guy that every woman wants to be with. he will truly love only one of these women without ceasing to notice all the other women. gone are the days of boring pin striped suits. he has an expensive scent and wears the hell out of these bold colours and accessories (I'm a sucker for any man with a bowler bag). he is a catch.

PICTURES COURTESY of JUICY AFRICA and STUURMAN STYLE DIARY


PICTURE COURTESY OF THIS IS MY TERATORY

TROUBLED AND DISHEVELED
- smells like cigarettes, love and other drugs. he passes by and Blue Jeans starts playing in the background. white T-shirt, jeans and a black leather jacket feature regularly. he has a distracted expression, he is carrying the weight of the world on his shoulders. this only fuels your intrigue. he is an artist. admittedly he does come off as a jerk, but once he loves you, he will love you, endlessly.

JAMES DEAN #KINGoftheMISFITS

PICTURE COURTESY of MOHCINE AOKI

QUIRKY-LY EVER AFTER

- you suspect he is gay but can't be too sure. once confirmed everything makes sense. If he isn't you still don't mind. he always did know how to throw together the most insane print parties. you love him most. he gives the best advice and isn't afraid to critic you! besides, he smells like candy. how can u resist?

PICTURE COURTESY of FRESH HAIR BOUTIQUE

PICTURES COURTESY of  STUURMAN STYLE DIARY AND SPREE

These are the men we see in our dreams. go and have fabulous fashion affairs with them down Fifth Avenue. remember though, one of these days you might meet someone who is all of the above and a bag of chips rolled into one. inconsistent in his style which will make him twice as attractive and twice more dangerous.

BYE SMEARS!!!