Wednesday, 21 May 2014

ON WEDNESDAY WE WEAR PINK

HI SMEARS!!!


WELL, it seems I have forgotten that my love for blogging did not originate from my own personal style. my passion for spotting trends and trendy people was the original inspiration. I am uber excited to share something with you that I've been seeing everywhere from runways to the streets and its even started seeping into home decor. if you hadn't already guessed that something is the colour pink!!

THE colour pink is often associated with being physically weak, over-emotional and over-cautious, having emotional neediness or unrealistic expectations, being naive, immature and girlish, lack of will power and lack of self worth. scary, I know. But when used correctly it represents an unconditional and romantic love, compassion and understanding, nurturing, romance, warmth, hope, calming, sweetness, naiveté, being feminine and intuitive energy.

LETS me show you how easy it is to incorporate pink into our daily lives.

PINK COATS are probably the easiest way to dress up your winter wardrobe. so simple and so fun!




HEAD TO TOE PINK is also pretty cool for the more daring. be carefull though, the darker the shade of pink, the more it gets associated with eroticm. that is NOT the look we are trying to achieve. also keep your make up simple and try to break the loudness of the pink by adding neutral colours in solid textures as a base for the outfit.



DECOR! I'm gaga over pink things in the home. in this case subtlety goes a long way. too much pink ends up being tacky. it could all go really wrong really fast! it's all about balance.


 I DIE FOR THESE DOORS!





I KNOW that at first glance pink is a daunting colour to wear especially for anyone over the age of 10, but its fashion's favourite colour so maybe instead of running away from it, we should all embrace it because it doesn't look like its going away. remember small doses though, I personally don't want to go around looking like a poorer version of  Nicki Minaj circa her over sized barbie faze.


BYE SMEARS!!!